Drill Rods is a very common product, but many people do not understand the correct use of drill rods.
1. Avoid connecting large-diameter drill rods with small-diameter drill pipes during construction to prevent small drill rods from being broken or deformed due to insufficient strength.
2. When clamping the drill rods with a vise, do not clamp the female buckle part of the female connector to prevent the female buckle from being clamped and deformed.
3. Note that when installing the drill rods, the make-up pre-tightening force should be controlled within 15Mpa to prevent the difficulty in unloading due to excessive pressure. Avoid using fire-roasted joints to reduce the mechanical properties of the joints and affect the service life. Without pre-tightening, the threaded connection swings, causing the threads to grind to each other and the crests become sharp, and ridges are formed on the sides, which leads to thread damage or sticking.
Without pre-tightening, the step of the female buckle is not compressed, which can lead to fatigue fracture of the thread root of the male buckle connector; under the action of the high pressure liquid flow, the female connector is pierced, causing puncture phenomenon, and it is easy to cause the female connector to longitudinally crack.
4. Note that before attaching the drill rods of the trenchless horizontal directional drilling rig, the male and female buckles should be cleaned up, and threaded oil should be applied to prevent premature wear or damage of the male and female buckles.
5. Pay attention to cleaning the water channel hole before installing the drill rods to prevent debris from blocking the channel and causing the mud system to hold back pressure.
6. Be careful not to force a deduction. When buckling, the male buckle can not punch the shoulder and thread of the female buckle, and ensure that the male and female joints are aligned. Ensure the coaxiality between the shackle of the drilling rig and the main shaft of the power head.
7. Pay attention to check the wear of each part of the drill rods. If there is abnormal wear, find out the cause in time.